Since many of you have left questions on the attendance line about when your children can return to school following illness:
· Fever: Keep your child home until the temperature has been normal for twenty four hours ( this means a temperature below 100 degrees, and without the use of medication to lower it)
· Vomiting/ Diarrhea: Keep your child home at least twenty four hours after the last episode of vomiting or diarrhea, no fever, and able to tolerate regular food.
· Congestion: For congestion, persistent cough, and/or sore throat without fever. Consult your physician for advisement.
· Strep Throat: The student must have a return to school noted from your physician and be on antibiotics for 48 hours prior to return to school.
· Conjunctivitis “pink eye”: If child’s eyes are clear within 48 hours he or she may return to school. A note from your physician on when the child can return is suggested.
· Attendance Calls: Please try to remember to call the nurse before 8:30am to report your child’s absence. Do not leave absence calls on the teacher’s voicemail.
The guidelines are in place to promote a healthy environment for the students and well as the staff.